The design of modern offshore foundations for wind turbines is allways a great challenge. Wind, waves and the rotation of the big wind wheels have many effects on the foundation's structures. Also the corrosion is a big problem. Completely new concepts to protect the structures must be developed to establish a lifetime of about 25 years.
HEXABASE - Ready to install
Design to Cost solution for Offshore Wind Substructures
The HEXABASE-Jacket is a robust and effective offshore foundation with an efficient hexagonal base structure, whose characteristics have many advantages compared to other traditional jacket structures. Its innovative form makes the foundation more economically. It offers a much better serial predictability, a more efficient logistic handling and much better lifetime characteristics than any other foundation design concept. A high adaptability to different water depths and wind turbine types will help to make significant saving in CAPEX and OPEX as well.
- High adaptability to different turbine classes and site requirements
- Application of standardized pre-products
- Cost-effective production due to scale effects
- Few different construction parts lead to high serial production potential
- High quality standard due to intelligent automation level
- Application of an impact-resistant coating against corrosion
- Adaptation of secondary elements according to customers’ requirement
- A design optimized for easier transport and installation
Patent no: EP2522780A1, WO2012152483A3, WO2013139816A3
The HEXABASE was considered by the DNV for its feasibility in principle. DNV concludes that the HEXABASE- foundation structure can be realized in principle as shown in the delivierd documents."